Most people associate carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning with gas appliances but there’s more to it than meets the eye.
Open or solid fuel fires or stoves are a serious hazard and if improperly maintained and swept can cause serious health problems for you, your family, customers or tenants.
Open fires, stoves or oil boilers with chimneys or flues that are un-swept for long periods, badly swept, cracked, damaged, wrongly fitted or blocked can all allow carbon monoxide to seep into your home or business and badly affect your health, with serious cases resulting in death.
There are many things that can cause a chimney to become blocked; common causes include building debris (from repairs or renovations), birds’ nests, spider’s webs and leaves.
Having your chimney or flue swept and inspected regularly can help guard against blocked chimneys and help protect you from Carbon Monoxide.